My photo
Currently seeking therapy through literature. Wrote a novel once, Eccedentesiast (2013), and will proceed on writing casually. Don't take these writings seriously, don't let it question yourself.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Philosophycal Question

Prove to me that you are not figments of my imaginations - Solipsist

reply: I do martial arts and spar on regular basis. It's very difficult to buy this philosophy when a fist meets my nose. Why would I let a figment of my imagination get away with that?

Answer: The solipsist might say pain is needed to appreciate pleasure. Or he might say that I've let my imagination run wild. Or he might say that I don't know why i would want to imagine receiving pain, but I imagined it. And that's that. Either way, the "person" who hit me in the nose is just a figment of my imagination.

No comments: